PONTIAC SUNFIRE ENGINE PROBLEM

1996 Pontiac Sunfire • 357,000 miles

Hi, I'am working on a project if mine. I took the engine out of my sunfire along with the wiring harness as best I could. Now I'am trying to get the engine running however it only runs a couple of seconds and dies right away due to shutting down the injectors. I've taken my ecm to a Guy who said he could reprogram it to have no anti theft system, but still the problem is still preset. I don't know what else I can do. I've pluged a diognostic tool in and I states no stored faults.

No, he can't reprogram that system out' It's integrated into the operating system.

Just try a relearn for Passlock.

PASSLOCK 30 MINUTE RELEARN

Disconnect the battery and hold the cables together for about 30 seconds then reconnect the cables before performing the procedure. Read it carefully if done incorrectly it won't work.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important
The vehicle learns the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password).
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

Wrenchtech