96 NO DASHLIGHTS -

1996 Pontiac Bonneville • 10,000 miles

No dash lights, replaced headlight switch, someone said could be the headlight dimmer switch, does that have anything to do with dashlihgts
Sidney white

Yes it does have you checked the parking light fuse yet and all the other fuses?

I checked all fuses, & I have one parking light that works the others probley needs bulbs. Something strange ichecked the fuses with a meter put one prong on one fuse & another on another fuse& the meter went all the way up, is this normal?Wite this dashlight, may be bcm, or lamp monitor, dont know were anything is, is there a book that tells you, tried libary, no help

Sidney white
Both sides of the fuse should have battery voltage have you checked to see if the dimmer switch is turned all the way down?

I turned the dimmer on the headlight switch itself & nothing, how about the dimmer switch by the ignition switch that turns the lights from bright to dim, could this be a problem

Sidney white
The actual dimmer switch is the one that turns the lights from bright to dim. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

I have a volt meter, if thats not it, tell me what I need and will get it

Sidney white
Does it also measure ohms?

Sidney white
So the gear shifter indicator radio ac controls back lights all work?Is the whole cluster out or juat part of it?

Everything works except the interior lights stay on all the time pulled fuse for that, it was like that before the dashlight problem & when I pull the fuse 6c for parking lights the bell keeps dinging with no keys in ignition till I shut the door, the cluster is still in should I pull it next

Sidney white
Page 1 of 2