GOT A 96 FREIGHT LINER WITH DETROIT ENGINE-IT WILL NOT START..

1996 All Other Makes All Other Models

Got a 96 freight liner with Detroit engine-it will not start. Got a 96 freight liner with Detroit engine-it will not start. Its been sitting for five years and I change the fuel and the fuel pump is pumping the fuel as long as I spray Ethel inside the breather the truck will run but then shut down after I stop spraying. Whats the problem
Tony_t

Have you checked the fuel/water seperator for fluid?
If it is not that, the injectors are clogged or there is still bad gas in the lines. It takes a while to get it all out of the entire fuel system. Anything that has sat that long is probably gonna need the entire fuel system cleaned out from tank pickup to the injectors. Gas turns to varnsih so fast and diesel gets water in it real quick and its no good.

Drain and flush fuel system. As already mentioned replace filters and clean agglomerator, ensure fuel shut off solenoid is working, crank engine with injector lines cracked to check for injector line pressure.

Mhpautos