ABS LIGHTS

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 235,000 miles

The ABS(Anti-lock Brake System)light was steady on. I replaced the rear driver side wheel cylinder. Now the light sometimes will be off, and sometimes on, also it might come on while driving. What could it be?
MyBrainman

You can get the abs scanned to find out. Most likely its a wheel sensor issue.

Fixitmr
I had it scanned and the said that is was the ABS modual, I replaced that but the light still comes on

MyBrainman
Did you do the code clear with a scanner?

Mhpautos
Yes I did, But the light still comes and goes, could the other wheel cylinder or the front calipers be bad as there is no pulsing in the pedal.

MyBrainman
Is light on all the time now?

Fixitmr
It comes on and stays on, but some times it will turn off for a while. It is an on/off issue. It not always on but its not always off.

MyBrainman
Have some 1 else scan it and give advice.

Fixitmr
You may need a quality scanner, some cheap generic scanners are just not good enough to pick up all codes.

Mhpautos
The place I took it to was a Chevolet, Buick, oldsmobile dealer, that was a year ago, thaey said the abs modual was bad, paid over 600 to have it fixed, as soon as I pulled out of the lot it started came on steady again and they were stumped even after having the car for another 2 weeks. 3 months ago I put on a wheel cylinder in the back that while rplacing brake shoes I damaged the wheel cylinder. After puting the new on on, thats when the light started going off, but does come back on. It on 5o% of the time.

MyBrainman