OLDSMOBILE ACHIEVA BELL HOUSING PROBLEM

1996 Oldsmobile Achieva • 170,000 miles

All my warning lights come on and I loose temp gauge and tach.
Edstobart

Have someone with a scan tool check the cluster for operation. It may be a cluster failure. The odds of all those systems failing at the same time are minimal.

I have had the cluster remanufactured by a GM dealership twice and they replaced the ECM and gave up on it. After giving me a huge bill. I'm betting on a ground issue but I'm no expert.

Edstobart
Very possible. One ground that is an issue is the one on the bell housing of the trans. Check it.

I will ck it tonight.

Edstobart
OK I loosened, cleaned, and tightened every ground inside and out and under the car. Sometimes takes a week for the thing to act up after it resets over night. Will let you know. Thanks

Edstobart
Still no good. I put a direct reading temp gauge on it so at least we can drive it with or without the idiot lights acting up. I can hear a clicking noise in the dash when the lights come on or go off. Sounds like a relay or solenoid.

Edstobart