TRANSMISSION & THE FRONT AXELS. I THINK THEY ARE REFERRED TO AS CV BOOTS*

1996 Nissan Altima • 18,200 miles

1st my Nissan has been a wonderful "baby". She has very high miles. 182,000+.
When I crank her I let her "warm-up". When I slide from ie: P to N to Drive, P to N is smooth. When I slide her into Drive I feel resistance. Not much but, I know my car. No "Thump". Away I go w/no slip. Responce? Filter, fluid, etc. 2nd I replaced the front axels 3-4 yrs ago. Bought the axels from Advanced Auto. These parts should carry a lifetime wnty? When I turn R, hard I hear a clik, clik, clik. Once I removed the tire I saw the boot surrounding the joint had "blown-out", removing the left it was fine & no cliking. Should the R axel be covered? I know you may not be able to answer that question. I will look into it. What are your thoughts, on what I've described. You guys helped me out before quite a while ago, and you were "spot-on" Help me out if you can. Ty, Christopher Mercier. My #404-859-3888. My email. Chrismbuckhead@aol. Com. You guys are "all-of-that & a bucket of chicken". LOL! Much Obliged Gentlemen. Ps: I will gladly donate, but I must know it is a secure site. Please understand.
Mercier

The transmission may just be in need of a service, I do not feel overly concerned about this, as for the drive shaft, the clicking is the CV joint worn due to lack of grease (end resault of torn boot) the shaft may have a warranty this you will have to check out with the supplier, these drive shafts are "open" there is no cover for them, the shaft will have to be replaced, fitting a boot at this stage will not cure the clicking on turns now.

Mhpautos