WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG ITH MY CAR?

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 119,000 miles

I have a 96 eclipse, I drove it about an hour and a half out for town, it started ratteling, sounded like it was from the exhaust being lose. Then we were pulling forward and then the car just shut off. Tryed to turn it back on and it didnt give us a problem turning back on, but we went ahead and put oil in it. 2nd gear was reving high with no power, driving it back home the ratteling noise was in the front of the car and fiqured something was stuck in the trans. And the car felt like I was flooring it and letting go. Then something felt like it fell out of the car, I looked in my rearview mirror and there as solid wall of white smoke, pulled over and the grass underneath my car was on fire. As of now the car will start and will only stay on if you feather the gas but it is making like a sputtering noise, and it has a steady stream of oil going out of it. Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be, we thought the trans blew at first but now we arent so sure.
Blondy81495

Symptoms indicates the engine is misfiring and the catalytic converter was glowing red hot.

Where is oil going out of?

Out from underneath the engine, the entire bottom of the car is covered in it too. I checked all my gauges when it happend the car was not over heated.

Blondy81495
It is not the cooling system causing the overheating. It is the catalytic converter glowing red when excessive fuel gets to it.

You need to clena up and recheck where the oil leak is coming from.