MY CAR ALTERNATOR IS GIVING SOUND AGAIN AND AGAIN

1996 Mini Cooper • 60,000 miles

My 1996 Mini Cooper is giving some sound from the alternator. I've just recently changed the belt (3 months old) and get it adjusted to the maximum but it keeps giving sound. When the sound comes the battery has inadequate charge causing the car can't start. Is it something wrong with the alternator position?
Peterczech

Is the alternator whinning howling?What kind of noise is it?Is the alternator spinning good when its not charging and the alternator is making noise?Is the belt slipping?

Hi Saturntech9, yes it is whinning howling like the voice of killing chicken. I fitted a volt meter to my dashboard. When there is whinning howling, the battery is not charged. Sometimes the sound will go off when I engage second or third gear. It is the loudest when during first gear. The belt doesn't seems slipping but it worn out pretty fast in just few months. Here in the picture I marked the place that give sound.

Peterczech
What year is the mini cooper?From the pic it doesnt look like a 1996 it looks much older. Also if you remove the belt and spin the alternator pulley by hand can you hear any abnormal nosies?Sounds like you could very well have a bad alternator.

It is a 1996 mini cooper, the engine was modified from injection to carburetor. I can't hear any noise if I removed the belt and spin the alternator pulley by hand. When I change a new belt, the sound gone, the battery get charged, everything works find but noises comes again after the car runs for 500 to 600km which I guess it shouldn't be. Could it be the bracket of the alternator isn't in good position or something? How can I check that?

Peterczech
I have no repair data for your car I live in the usa and only have acess to makes and models that are sold here.I would make sure everything on the belt is moving like it should no binding also that all the pulleys are aligned. Also make sure none of the pulleyes are damaged mared etc.