VEHICLE STALLS AND ERRACT IDLES

1996 Mercury Mystique • 4 cylinder •

I'm working on a 1996 mercury mystique 4cyl. The car is running sluggesh, has a erract idle almost like loopin, stalls periodically, and when ever you give it gas the throttle body sucks a large amount of air, hesitates then runs fine? I've replaced the TPS, Speed sensors, Crank timing sensor, fuel filter, Whats left? I've hooked up my timing light to each plug wire and I'm getting a erract sparks from all the wires, ofcourse its running rough or could the coil pack be bad, please help, i'm dun lost. Thank you
Mattthewah

Is the check engine light coming on at all? If so, have the codes read.

Wrenchtech
Yes the engine light is on, the only code i'm getting is for the mass air flow MAF, I don't beleive thats the problem or trust that code, I've had that code on several other vehilces and replaced it among other stuff and that code still comes up.

Mattthewah
That just means you diagnosed it wrong. I need the exact code numbers.

Wrenchtech
Before I changed the TPS I was recieving P1120 p122 p102, now i'm just getting p102

Mattthewah
The code means the return signal from the MAF is lower than expected. Check for any air leak in the snorkel between the MAF and the throttle body. Also make sure the exhaust isn't restricted.

Here is the factory flow chart for that code.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt106/Desi501/161718739.gif

Wrenchtech
K, I'll give this a try in the morning, thanks

Mattthewah
Closing out question

Wrenchtech