HEATER HOSE UNDER INTAKE MANIFOLD

1996 Lincoln Town Car

The hose under the intake manifold is leaking. I disconnected the end that connects to the back of the water pump but cant disconnect the other end. Ave tried using a wrench to screw it off, a blow dryer to heat it up and pull it off, its too thick to cut and nothing is working. Is there a way to get the metal clamp off the other end of the hose and just replace the hose or do I have to replace the whole assembly like?
Aftaylor

You need to remove the intake manifold. Make real sure that it's not the manifold itself leaking. That is very common.

Wrenchtech
Ive already taken the manifold off. The hose part of the assembly is busted, I saw the hose leaking before I took the manifold off. I want to know if there is a way to just replace the hose or do I have to replace the whole assembly because I cant get the other end of the hose off the assembly because of the type of clamp that's on it.

Aftaylor
It uses a crimp fitting on the pipe and is sold as a whole unit. You can cut the crimp off the a cut off wheel but it's more reliable to replace it with the assembly.

Wrenchtech
Is it possible to replace the whole line with just a heater hose?

Aftaylor
No, don't do that.

Wrenchtech
Ok thanks for your help

Aftaylor