1996 Lexus LS 400 Repair Question
How to change radiator
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Remove oil pan protector or engine undercover.
3. Remove engine undercover.
4. Drain engine oil into suitable container, then remove battery clamp cover.
5. Remove air cleaner cover or inlet, then the No. 2 air cleaner hose.
6. Disconnect upper radiator, reservoir tank inlet, lower radiator and oil cooler hoses from radiator. Plug hose ends to prevent contamination.
7. Remove No. 2 fan shroud clips, then disconnect No. 2 shroud claw from No. 1 fan shroud hook and remove No. 2 fan shroud.
8. Disconnect ECT switch electrical; connector for A/C cooling fan.
9. Disconnect upper sides of righthand and lefthand cool air ducts, then remove upper radiator support nuts and supports.
10. Lift out radiator assembly, then remove lower radiator supports from radiator.
11. Remove No. 1 fan shroud bolts, then the fan shroud from radiator.
12. Reverse procedure to install.
14,749 answers provided