REFUSED TO START

1996 Lexus ES 300 • 289,000 miles

My es300 Overheated and stopped on me on the highway fresh from the car shop. I just had the fuel pressure regulator replaced @ $420. Before that I recently replaced all plugs, wires, and catalytic converter. The engine was making a loud noise like my pistons were rubbing against each other but the oil was full. Right before it turned off the red oil light was on and the car rpms would shoot up each time I tried to accelerate but it wouldnt go. In fact it began to drop speed. Now the car just refuses to start the battery is excellent so I dont know what else to check.
Samhoustonstar

Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position

It wont crank over at all. Engine acts like the starter has gone out or if battery was low. Neither is the case.

Samhoustonstar
Oil pressure light was lit before this happened. THAT tells me the oil pump went out and you cooked the main crank bearings. Maybe some other parts, too.

Rivermikerat
Try using a socket and ratchet to turn the engine over by hand. IF it won't turn, my diagnosis above is correct.

Rivermikerat