I HAVE RANGE ROVER 4.6 WITH BRAKE PROBLEM

1996 Land Rover Other • 150,000 miles

Ok there is 3 warning lights on ABS, handbrake and TC, the problem is the brake pedal is hard when these lights come on witch is 90% of the time , its like the servo stops working, when they go off the brakes work as they should . When I start the car the lights are on and stay on, then sometimes they go off for no resin and the brakes are fine again, then it will come back on and brake are hard like no servo working. Can anyone help with this problem? Thanks
Raycarss

First, it sounds like a vacuum pump issue with the ABS. What you need to do is have the computer scanned when the lights are on. That way, you will know where the problem is coming from.

The last owner also had this problem and he replaced all the ABS system, He said the problem stopped for a day or so and then started again.I will get it plugged in and see if that give s any ida. Could it be bad connection somewhere?

Raycarss
I went out this morning and pumped the brake pedal about 30 times, then started the engine, the abs pump ran for about 20 seconds and then cut out, all 3 lights went off and the brakes worked fine, then I started driving and less than 1 min the 3 lights came on and the brakes started to get hard again. Anyone have any idas. Thanks

Raycarss
It could be a bad connection to the pump. That is what provides the power assist.