KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE PROGRAMMING

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 159,000 miles

Hi my name is shawn, I recently bought a 1996 jeep grand cherokee laredo 5.2 liter v8. I bought the vehicle with no key fob. So I went on the internet and purchased 1. I now have the key fob in my possession and now need to program it. I keep reading online that I can program it by myself, except every time I tried it does not work, I also have read that some need to be programmed by the dealer with a DRBIII. How do I know if I have a specific jeep that needs to be programmed by the dealer and not by myself? I do not have the little bubble by the dome light that I keep reading about. The security light is on the dashboard along with what I assume to be the sensor for the automatic headlihjts. Does anyone now how to tell if I NEED to go to the dealer fot this? I was going to go to the dealer tomorrow yo have it programmed, but i'd like to find out first if I really have to since they want $50 just for yhat. Also, what is the difference between RF and Infared Key fob for the Jeep? Any help with this subject is much appreciated! Thanks
Negronremodeling

Refer to our homepage under the DIY section.

I just hit the wrong button sorry for the flag. As for the home page I did not see anything about it for my specific vehicle.

Negronremodeling