HIGH BEAM ON PASSENGER SIDE ONLY WILL NOT LIGHT

1996 Jeep Cherokee • 63,000 miles

Lights work except high beam on passenger. I get no continunity at the high beam harness plug on Passenger side. Low beam works. Where does the harness run from the drivers side to the Passenger side? Are there any plugs to check along the way? Are there any common problems for this particular malfunction?
Thank you.
NotSmall

Is your vehicle equipped with Daytime Running Lights?
Have you checked/tested the bulb?

No daytime lights and yes, the bulbs work on the drivers side. There are two red wires in the high beam side of the plug on the drivers side. One apparently goes to the Pass. Side which only has one red wire into the highbeam portion of the plug. No power or continuity to the pass. Side red wire. Apparently there is a break between the Driver and passenger side. The wires disappear into a loom and I am wondering if the is a plug to check.

NotSmall
Attached are the schematics. Passenger side (right) has the Red/Orange wire running from between the two headlights.

When high beam is turned on and you do not have battery voltage at this wire, it means a break in between.

Got it, Thanks. Do you know where the wire runs? I see where it ends up but I don't know where it physically goes. Is there a plug some where that could be compromised?

NotSmall
I could not find any information on connectors between the two and wiring between headlights usually come as a single harness which runs across the radiator to the other side. Most wires would break at the ends, meaing the break should be near the plugs for the bulbs. Tug at the wires and note if any parts seems give way/lenghtens and that should indicates a break. Wiggling the wires might help to diagnose which area is faulty.

Good ideas. Thank you. When I solve it, I'll report back to you. The harness, BTW, runs back to the firewall and across and up to the battery area (Pass side)
Thanks again
Cordially,
Gary

NotSmall
If there are any connections, they should be visible along the harness. Look out for signs of possible damage due to abrasions etc.

Good luck.