JEEP CHEROKEE HARMONIC BALANCER PROBLEM

1996 Jeep Cherokee • 238,000 miles

Been told that my 1996 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L 6cyl 4WD Auto needs a new lower pulley (harmonic balancer) as the belt came off and will not
stay installed. I have been told that it is relatively easy to change. While being 70 and retired, I
have had a little bit of experience in auto repair etc. - My question is, about how long will it take to exchange it as
I have what appears to be all the tools required. What it doesn't get to is the time it will take me, assuming
no real issues present themselves, and which other parts or components, if any, have to be removed for access etc.
to do it? Also, friend said that might wish to replace front seal as well, is that the recommended practice of those
mechanics who know what they are doing?
Thank you,
G Jordan
Gljordan