-CENTRAL LOCKING SWITCH

1996 Jaguar XJ6 • 5 cylinder Automatic •

Central door locking switch has shorted and needs to be replaced. Where is this switch located and how do I change it out?

Respectfully, Sparky
Mjr7921

Switch or relay? Switches are either in the console or the door. The relay is in the center console near the shifter. See image.

Rivermikerat
Central door switch, not relay. Master switches on driver door or center console within radio and climate control face?

Mjr7921
Your central locking system consists of the following components.
Body control processor, located behind the glovebox(see image attached).
Door lock relay module-I was wrong, these (lock and unlock relays) are located in the left side of the heel board.-Image attached the previous answer.
Switches-either in the doors or in the center console. This information is not listed in our reference material and I don't have access to one of these cars right now.
Door lock solenoids-Inside the doors.
Wiring-between the various components.

Now, what exactly is the system doing or not doing that makes you think something needs to be changed? What do you or don't you hear when you command a lock or unlock of the doors?

Rivermikerat
Transmitter does not lock/unlock, arm/disarm. I reprogrammed transmitter that I put in new batteries. Only key will unlock and lock driver door. All doors will not lock when depressing lock button.

Mjr7921
Ok. Do you hear the relays engaging? No? See if they are receiving power. Use a test light or meter. Is there anything else not working properly?
Here is the schematic for the system. You need to verify what is wrong before throwing parts at it. That gets expensive.

Rivermikerat