WILL NOT START

1996 Jaguar XJ6 • 5 cylinder Automatic •

1996 Jaguar XJ6 wont crank engine. Able to crank engine thru relay only. Headlights would not turn off, had to pull fuse to turn off, central locking system not working, turn signals not working, security system no working, fuel filler cap wont open, interior dash does light up to show a bulb failure and check engine light appears. Ran a diagnostics and EMC showed no faults. Battery had not been disconnected prior to this test. Checked all fuses and relays as well as grounds, all good. What is problem and how do I resolve it? Please help, desperate. Sincerely, Mary
Mjr7921

Check and test the transmission range switch and ignition switch

Importantly as well that I failed to mention in question is that car recently failed smog. Solution?

Mjr7921
Where is the transmission range swith located on vehicle?

Thanks, Mary

Mjr7921
Have the security system checked

Car was running fine without security sytem working.

Mjr7921
Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when key a cranking position

Won't crank at all in crank position. Have been able to start car frm ignition relay located in engine bay. Battery good as well.

Mjr7921
Check the -Not In-Park Micros witch In center console, at base of shift lever

I'm a little confused as to what that would have to do with the head lamps not working, turn signal indicators not working, central locking system not working, etc

Mjr7921
What would be the cause for the ECM to not record faults when on board dash shows faults and vehicle is disabled due to faults? I ran an OBDII test and it read NO FAULTS. How can this be? Desperate for help. Thank You.

Mjr7921
Page 1 of 2