HOW DO I ESTABLISH THE CAUSE OF FAULTY A/C CONTROLS?

1996 Isuzu Rodeo • 67,000 miles

I have replaced a faulty blower motor but am unable to power it. It appears to be an electrical fault, however on testing, fuses appear satisfactory. I wonder if there is a faulty relay.

1 Where is the relay situated which governs the air conditioning controls?
2 How do you remove the front panel where the A/C controls are positioned?
I removed 3 fixing screws but the panel remained firmly in position
Nissien

Check Main fuse and blower fuse in relay box and find heater/ac relay. Do you have a meter or test light?

Docfixit
Thank you. Could you please advise how to remove the panel where the A/C controls are positioned?

Nissien
Do not think that is problem do you have a meter?

Docfixit
Yes we have 12v meter, a continuity meter, and an ac meter incorporated and in addition a 12v test light.
The 4 speed a/c control is now faulty. The 3rd was previously faulty but the system was efficient.
Are you referring to the 100A Main or the ECM Main labelled EB-27?
We have checked relays EB- 21 (A/C COMP.) EB-29 (COND. FAN) and appear satisfactory.

Nissien
ON blue/white wire to blower motor is there 12v+ when heater/AC on?

Docfixit
There was no voltage reading.

Nissien
Check fuses underhood relay box
EB-16 100 Amp
EB-4 20Amp

Docfixit
I have returned. It is a 20 mile journey.
Fuses appear satisfactory.
There is no power to the blue/ white wire.
I have been told that the speed regulator/ resistor may be faulty. If that is so would that effect the power to the blue/white wire?

Nissien
No blower resistor provides ground through fan switch to complete circuit. Was voltage checked at blower motor connector disconnected?

Docfixit
Also test fuses with meter looking not enough and need to know if power is feeding circuit

Docfixit