DRIVETRAIN

1996 Honda Accord • 232,000 miles

The car is making noise when I jack up only the driver side and put it in gear it make humming sound it became louder when I push more gas it make more noise when it shift from 2nd to 3rd than from first to second and it make more noise when it shift from 3rd to 4 th than from 2 nd to 3 rd. So I replaced the driver cv axle now the noise isless louder but its still there.

Note the front engine mount is bad could it responsible for this noise and how to make sure its the engine mount I do not want to put parts like that I want to make sure

what other things could causes this noise
Zemorzemor

Do this put the wheel off the ground put it in neutral put one hand on the coil spring of the strut. Use the other hand to spin the wheel as fast as you can. See if you can feel the bad wheel bearing in the coil spring. Check both sides to each other.

Ok I did a drive test again my speed was 50 miles hours and I was swerving I can hear the noise when I go straight or right however it goes away for a second when I go left. The noise go louder when I speed up

what does that mean?

Zemorzemor
Sounds like a bad left front wheel bearing. Did you do what I suggested to you about checking the bearings?

I will do that tomorrow
could it be the rear wheel bearing or tire problems

Zemorzemor
Anything is possible I cant hear the noise and where its coming from. Check both front wheel bearings and see if one of them is bad. Let's start there first.

I jacked up the front wheel and I put the car in drive the first noise that I heard is from the front passenger side it is a scraping noise but stopped in second ( its like the dust shield is touching the rotor)after I put my hand on the upper control arm of the passenger side I felt like something is touching other things and I felt it once per each rotation. I did again the swerving drive test and I hear the noise when the car goes straight or left however it disappear when I swerve to the right.

Zemorzemor
Check the left front wheel bearing exactly like I told you spinning the wheel by hand in neutral with the other hand in the coil spring. Let me know what you find also check the right front the same way. When the noise stops swerving right usually means you have a bad left wheel bearing.

Ok I did what you told me to do.
I spun the passenger wheel and I felt roughness when I put my hand on the upper control arm however I felt nothing when I put my hand on the spring. I did the same on the driver side I felt nothing

Zemorzemor
I always use the coil spring if you feel roughness then you have a bad bearing as long as nothing else is scraping like the dust shield etc.

I felt nothing when I put my hand in the spring in both front wheel
could it be the rear passenger wheel bearing? When I drive the car I hear the roaring sound in the front passenger side. Could the sound travel from the back to the front?

Zemorzemor
Page 1 of 4