MY TWO WHEEL DRIVE TURBO DIESEL, BLOWS A DIRECTIONAL FUSE (INTERMITTENTLY) WHEN I BACK UP.

1996 GMC Suburban • 216,000 miles

This used to be an occasional problem during wet weather. Now if I reverse for more than two/three seconds the directional fuse blows (i upped to a 30amp from 20amp to get the slow blow). I eliminated directional signal & multi-function rear-view mirror as a cause. Only back-up circuit causes the problem. I fully inspected the harnesses and can see no problem. Must be more trucks out there doing this. Any ideas for further trouble shooting?
Donkmon

Possible that the reverse light circuit is shorted to the turn signal-it takes a multimeter to identify problems with wires then just looking at it for wear and tear. BTW quit upping the amperage of the fuse -you might end up with electrical fire and there's goes the main wiring harness-