I AM ABLE TO START MY VAN EVERY MORNING NO PROBLEM BUT IF I DRIVE FOR A WHILE IT WONT START UNTIL IT COOLS DOWN AFTER ABOUT 2 TO 4 HOURS JUST WONDERING WHAT IT COULD BE

1996 GMC Safari • 170,000 miles

It has a new battery and other new stuff but not sure what is wrong I can start it every morning no problem but when I drive it for awhile say a good 30 mins or more it wont start until it cools down after 2 to 4 hours just wondering what it could be thanks
Dracodragon4

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing