GEO METRO DOOR PROBLEM

1996 Geo Metro • 130,000 miles

In my 1996 geo the inside door latch wont open the door striker wont hit pin which has moved toward rear can you move pin?
Jjdrawbks

The inside door handle doesn't work to open the door? There are bushings inside the door on the actuating rods which wear wear out and don't allow the rod to move properly.

You need to remove the door panel, which usually requires the removal of between 1 and 3 screws. The panel is then secured around the edges by friction pins which just pop out. Carefully.

Rivermikerat
Did that it is the striker that pushes the pin down to open door the pin has moved can this pin be moved

Jjdrawbks
If it's only the inside latch, normally that means the actuator rods aren't moving the latch arms enough to release the latch mechanism. These are cam and spring operated. I'm not sure what pin you're talking about. Is there a way you can get a good picture of it and upload it here?

Rivermikerat