HELP? I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY . 5.8. I HAVE HAD TWO SHOP WORK ON IT. THEY REPLACED THE BACK FUEL PUMP,PUMP ASSIMBLY,TANK,FUEL FITER, COIL PACK,DISTIBATER,CAP AND ROTOR,ECM, FUSES. MY FULE GOES FROM THE BACK TANK TO THE FRONT TANK AND FILLS

1996 Ford F-150 • 277,700 miles

No start. Turns over. But no start.
Mike ford

They need to see if there is the right amount of fuel pressure, then they need to see if it's getting spark, then they need to make sure it has compression.

These are the first basic checks.

Promechanic
Thanks. For the reply. But I think the shop did check those things out. Because When I pickand ed ot up. I ran real well. Better then it has evere ran. It just once I get it home and go to start it again it will nit start. Then the shop either resets the ecm or something and it starts. I just replaced the ecm today. Because they told me it was the computer. Now it it doing the same thing. But thnks for the addvice. It means alot. They will just haVE TO TOW IT BACK TO THEM (SHOP ) AND TRY TO FIX IT AGAIN. I HOPE! THANKS

Mike ford
SORRY FOR MY SPELLING. BUT I AM NOT WELL AND IT SOMETIME HARD TO TYPE FOR ME.

Mike ford
Did you have the new pcm flashed? It will never run unless this is done. It would be like a computer without an operating system.

Put back the old pcm, and you need a better shop to properly diag it for you.