4.0 V6 STALLS AT IDLE SPITS AND SPUTTERS LIKE RUNNING OUT OF GAS THEN AFTER STARTING AGAIN IMEDIATLY RUNS GREAT UNTILL A FEW BLOCKS UP THE ROAD THEN HAPPENS AGAIN I HAVE CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER AND THERE'S NO CHECK ENGINE ON AT ALL.. TH

1996 Ford Explorer

Today I was taking my daughter to school my explorer stalled in the highway kinda like I was out of gas but I just filled up turnt the key off and it started rite back up noticed my RPM idle was a little higher then normal almost instantly back to normal then run great for a block or 2 then happened again this only happens at take off and at stops at lights there is no check engine light on or anything and ive changed the fuel filter already just wondering what the problem could be hope someone can help I love the explorer but just not sure what to fix now.
Danielstarnes

Does CEL work? Do you see it come on when starting and then go off?

Fixitmr
Could do a code check anyway since sometimes light does not register fault due to time frame.

Fixitmr