GL

1996 Ford Contour • 4 cylinder •

I have a 1996 ford Contour 4cylnder, and I was wondering were the fuel pump is located at? I was driving my car and it was doing fine other than a few minor things well it just died and it cranks but doesn't turn over I don't think it is the starter and we checked the fueses what do u think could be wrong with it. I was told it could be a fuel pump
Niki6788

**Cranks but no start condition: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.