96 ESI NO SPARK

1996 Eagle Talon • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 165,000 miles

I have a 96 eagle talon esi 5 speed and it started surging and******** real bad and bogging down while driving and then I shut off it took me several mins to get it started again and then it died completly and I towed it to the house I was getting no spark so I replaced the coil pack still nothing then I replaced the cam sensor nothing still the tonight I replaced the crank sensor and noticed that one of my wires on the crank sensor was broke so I spliced it back together and I am still getting nothing thru the coil pack and no power either I really need some help about this I just cant seem to figure it out I dont want to have to replace my ecu and im worried that this is the problem but dont know how to be sure.
Phillipedge90

First you have to be aware that there shouldn't be any voltage to the coil unless the engine is being cranked. Voltage will be there for one second, then again during engine rotation, (cranking or running). Use a test light or voltmeter to verify voltage is present on the coil or injector feed wire while the engine is being cranked. If it's missing, suspect the cam or crank sensors.

I have replaced the cam and crank sensors already I have already checked the positive terminal and the other two on the coil while my wife was turning over the motor it wasnt getting any power im now looking for a ecu and am having a hard time finding one for the car that isnt gonna run me an arm and a leg
ty

Phillipedge90
Do you get voltage at the ignition coil for that first one second when the ignition switch is turned on? If you do, skip the rest of this paragraph. If you do not, check fuses first. Feel the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay to see if it clicks on for that one second. If it does, the computer is working. Check pins 30 or 87 in the socket for voltage. One of them should have 12 volts all the time.

If you DO get 12 volts at the ignition coil for one second but not during cranking, pulses are missing from one of the two new sensors. Check both of them for 8 volts on the supply wires while the ignition switch is turned on. There should also be 0.2 volts on both ground wires. Did you use a spacer on the end of the crankshaft position sensor? That air gap is critical.

I have replaced the pcm and im still not getting any spark. Where would the asd relay be located on this vehical I have serched and serched my haynes and chilton manuel only mention it and I have looked online and and still nothing

Phillipedge90