ABS BRAKES

1996 Dodge Stratus • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 166,000 miles

I have a 1996 Dodge Stratus ES w/ABS brake system. Recently, the right front (passenger side) brake has been dragging causing the entire assembly and rim on that side to heat up SEVERlY. When the car is parked over night, the brake pedal seems to function normally the next day. After a short trip however, their seems to be little or no resistance and I have to push it to the floor to stop.

I pulled the caliper on that side and replaced the pads as well as checked the caliper piston and surrounding boot for leaks. There are none.

Was wondering if air in the lines could case this requiring bleeding the brakes. -OR- Possible a failing master cylinder requiring replacement. -OR- A failed sensor.

I want to do the repairs myself so details would be appreciated.
96 Dodge

A failed sensor will not cause the problem. Now a failing ABS Control Module could.

However, the first thing I would do is when it locks up jack it up and see if wheel spins if not open the Bleeder Valve on the Caliper and then spin wheel again is spins then replace Brake Hose going to caliper.

Obxautomedic