DODGE RAM ENGINE PROBLEM

1996 Dodge Ram • 170,000 miles

I having a problem with stalling When the truck is warm and at idle( lights, stop signs. Ect. ) Took the truck to the local shop. They cleaned the throttle body and performed an adaptive memory clear/reset. They finally told me that the problem is to intermittent to diagnose. Today I got off they highway the truck was fine. I then filled the tank, when I went to leave the truck stalled out several times. After 8 hours of work drove home, got off the highway experienced no problems at all. Could this be fuel problem? Or possibly an intake gasket gone bad? ( I am tempted to replace the fuel pump). At this time there are no error codes when it stalls. Truck has had a tune up recently also. Do you think I should get a second opinion from a another shop? Not sure what to do now? Thanks for your help!
Scottlee1

Sounds like the battery might have been disconnected or run dead recently. If so, the Engine Computer lost its memory and has to relearn "minimum throttle" before it will know when it must be in control of idle speed. It also might not give you the normal "idle flare-up" to 1500 rpm when you start the engine. To meet the conditions for the relearn to take place, drive at highway speed with the engine warmed up, then coast for at least seven seconds without touching the brake or gas pedals.