FLAT BRAKE

1996 Chevrolet Truck • 2WD Automatic •

96' chevy 1500 2wd 5.7 replaced master cylinder, brake booster. Brake pedal still falls to floor. NO LEAKS!What is Wrong?
Nuaka

Did this start before you replaced the parts? Did you bench-bleed the master cylinder?

Yes, that was the reason I replaced the parts. I bleed the entire brake system.

Nuaka
Did you bench-bleed the master cylinder before you installed it? Does it sit at an angle with the front higher than the back?

No, I bleed the system after installing the new master cylinder, brake booster, new wheel-cylinders; and new rear shoes. No, the truck does not sit higher on either end, it sits level.

Nuaka
Not the truck; the master cylinder.

We already replaced the ABS unit. We believe that's what was causing the brakes not to work. But we are still waiting on response of customer. However, I believe the master cylinder was level.

Nuaka
Rats. A lot of GM master cylinders sit higher in the front and air hangs up right by the steel line. It has to go downhill to be bled out at the wheels or to get sucked back into the reservoir. Bleeding at that connection usually solves the mushy pedal.