TODAY WHEN I STARTED MY CAR THE SPEDOMTER AND ODOMETER STOPPED WORKING. I NOTICED A MAJOR POWER LOSS IN EITHER MY TRANSMISSION OR ENGINE.

1996 Chevrolet Corsica • 80,700 miles

I drove the car this morning and it was fine. The day got very hot and it got up to around 85 degrees. When I turned on my car and started to drive I noticed a sudden power loss and the speedometer stopped working. The engine did not seem to be overheating or anything and there were no noises. Or apparent problems. The speedometer and odometer just stopped working and I have had a loss in power is it because of the heat?
Wmorse6

No run a scan on the car and see if the speed sensor code pops up. Or have an auto parts store do it, they do it forfree. Youmight have burned wires to the sensor. Also check your intake manifold vacuum if at 15" or below suspect catalytic converter. Check fuel pressure as well.