COOLANT/RADIATOR

1996 BMW Other • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

96 bmw 318ti coolant keeps having to be added constantly, at times car will over heat and when you add coolant it will pour out bottom. Then I repeat and the coolant stays in? Really confused
Jessiesgirlll

Has the cooling system been pressure tested? Where is the coolant pouring out from exactly? Is there anything else you can tell me about the car?

Dr. Hagerty
I dont know if it has been tested. It pours out of the bottom it appears of the radiator, after it has been hot(it has only done this twice now) and again I add the coolant and it will hold. But I have to check it daily to see if it needs replenished. I just went out to check it and had to add to it. But nothing is leaking I dont know where its going.

Jessiesgirlll
My recommendation would be to have the cooling system pressure tested and find out exactly where the coolant is leaking from. The possibilities are that the engine could sustain damage if the issue isn't addressed straightaway. If it is the radiator, then the rest of the cooling system components may well need scrutiny too, the plastic components and the hoses may be at risk.

Dr. Hagerty
I will do that so much for your help!

Jessiesgirlll