HOW DO I REPLACE THE SERPENTINE BELT BEFORE IT COMPLETELY BREAKS OFF??

1996 Acura TL • 222,876 miles

How to replace a Serpentine belt on '96 Acura 2.5TL? Pretty positive its the serpentine. Last night when I turned on my A/C and defrost I heard a squealing. The belt has been frayed for a while now its almost gone. The belt is literally down to like 1/4 of inch in width if not less.

Dms1008

There are 3 belts and each with their own tightening and adjusting bolts.
Loosen the adjusting bolt holding bolt/nut and pull on the belt to release the tension of the belt to remove it. Installation is reversal of procedures. You start with the outermost power steering belt an move on to the A/c belt and then the alternator belt.

Ensure the crank pulley is not wavy, indicating a badd harmonic damper and crank pulley needs to be replaced if that is the case.

Took me 6 hours but I finally replaced the A/c belt and power steering as well. Thanks!

Dms1008
You're welcome.

For someone new on the job, to get it done is already an achievement.

Cheers.

New belts tends to stretch after a run in so you might need to readjust then tension one more time.