1995 Volkswagen Jetta • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 50,000 miles

1995 VW Jetta III Automatic mileage: 50,000. My problem started when my electric sun roof, dome light, and electric locks were not working. My clock was also not working right; it came on, but did not keep the time. It always goes back to 12: 00 when I turn the car off. I checked the fuses; one was blown, so I figured that was the problem. I had not replaced the fuse yet, but when I got in my car yesterday, my speedometer and tachometer were not working. I replaced the fuse (with the right size) and my dome light came back on (it did nothing for the speedometer) but when I attempted to open my sunroof the light dimmed and the fuse blew again. Any ideas? Are the two problems even related?

It sounds as if both problems are related. There probably is a short in the motor and/or the control switchfor your sunroof.