WINDOW HOLDING CLIPS

1995 Toyota Corolla • 195,000 miles

I had my frog passenger door glass window smashed the other day. I opened up the door panel to to remove all the glass and see if I could replace the window myself. My question is, can the clips holding the window to the motor be salvaged or do I have to get a hole new set of them? There is still glass stuck in the clips being held by the black adhesive. Can I get the glass out and reuse them. What is the black adhesive? Thanks!
Oh and also the power window only goes down not back up unless I use the driver side switch.
Egimenez8

If you can get the clips apart without damaging them, yes, you can reuse them. If not, I normally use a #4 screw and nut to replace each clip. The black adhesive is probably RTV Black silicone.

Rivermikerat
Thanks! You guys are so helpful!

Egimenez8
Our pleasure. Happy Holidays.

Rivermikerat
What about the window only going down and not up with the passenger switch? The driver side controls is the only way to put it up.

Egimenez8
Check the connections to the switch and motor.

Rivermikerat