WHY ME? =))

1995 Toyota Camry • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 153,000 miles

You guys are awesome I used 2 always ask you about my 1997 Honda Accord but that was years ago but I came back because you guys are so smart.I'm a female & I went too go buy a 1995 Toyota Camry today for 700.00 it has a rod knock & if it idles long enough it will go away and come back or get "Lighter" sounding but son of a bitch I was driving it home after paying the guy the 700.00 cash & 3 blocks away the car was at a light and I went too "GO" and it wouldn't move then I got it moving somehow I was pushing it in Neutral & went into Drive and just kept going but when I stopped at the light maybe 3 miles away it did it again and I saw the OIL, CHECK ENGINE and brake light on and the brake wasn't on I made sure I just checked the oil it looked fine & the tranny oil was fine no burn smelling so do you think it will need a new engine AND tranny or would the "knocking" cause this too happen because the knock is kinda loud. So before my father who is a ASE mechanic jumps OUT of his grave & slaps the sh*t out of me should I KEEP it & fix it or resell it. The tranny shifted fine when it WAS going its just not grabbing that 1st gear is what I'm thinking & maybe the car was ran with NO oil? There is NO smoke out of tail pipe its an automatic with a V6 engine. Thanx guys you are AWESOME. The check engine, oil, brake & some other light came on when it died at the light because I was probably pissing the car off revving it so much when I was trying too get it too move. When you REV it the knocking sort of goes away. Oh & the BEST part is I bought it without test driving it I have NO idea WHY so the guy who sold it was GONE! =((
IdiotGurl702

The engine knock is a concern. If the bearings are worn badly enough to cause a loud knock, chances are the oil pressure will be low. Hence, the oil light coming on. As far as the check engine light, you need to have the computer scanned for trouble codes to determine why it is on. Most parts stores will do it for free. Now for the transmission, make sure the fluid is clean and full. If it is, the check engine light may reveal a trouble code related to the transmission.

I hate to say it, but based on what you have told me, I think I would get rid of the car. It's a 95 and if it needs an engine (and it sounds like it does), it wouldn't be worth the investment. Plus, we need to determine the transmission issues too. I had to laugh when you said your father would jump from his grave. I think I would too. Lol

Yea he actually slapped me from his grave last night because my face ran into my door(Don't ask) I did buy it for 600.00 and I think it blue books around 2300 & the tranny WAS working it shifted so easy I didn't even feel it but then when I stopped at the light it would just REV in drive. For sum reason I'm thinking its the OIL pump & the guy said its a new battery he JUST bought(Only truth he told) but doesn't that mess up the computer or something. Is there a way the car will show ME the codes without plugging it in? I could get it too Autozone if its ok too drive in reverse. After ALL that has happened every bone in mmy body is saying is KEEP it & fix it like whatever is WRONG it will not be too expensive. The guy said it was sitting for 4 months without starting it so maybe all fluids leaked out? Tranny fluid was sort of a tiny bit darker but it didn't smell & YES I checked it when it was WARM(Daddys Gurl) =) TY I will let you know what it says when its plugged in to get a diagnosis.

IdiotGurl702
Well a very Reputable shop owner is going too shoot by my house before he goes too work & scan the car for trouble codes and he will hear it run and hes doing it for free so I will let you know what he says. Thanx Again I hope its an easy fix like lets go to pick & pull fix =)

IdiotGurl702
I was wondering what you found out about the car.