AM I SCREWED? OR CAN IT BE FIXED FOR CHEAP?

1995 Saturn SW2 • 150,000 miles

I have a 95 saturn sw2 and the window wipers wont shut off. They are constantly in the low position. I can put them in the high position but no intermittent or off. Fluid pump works fine. The rear wiper or pump does not work at( dont know if the two are related).
Jimlevan

Lets start with the front wipers dont turn off sounds like a bad logic on the wiper motor. You would have to replace the wiper motor to fix that. That would be the number one fix for that you would have to do some testing to confirm that was the problem.

What needs to be tested? As I need to fix this problem very soon and the part I need has to be ordered.

Jimlevan
Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

Yes, yes I do.

Jimlevan
When the motor wont shut off with the switch off see if the brown wire and the purple wire has a ground to it at the wiper motor. If it they dont bad wiper motor.

Easier yet unplug the switch see if the motor shuts off?If it doesnt shut off see if those wires are grounded I mentioned testing them at the connector going to switch?If they arent bad wiper motor.

Ok now when car is turned off and restarted the wipers stay off as soon as switch is activated they stay on. Is this still the motor. And no I have not tested wiring yet.

Jimlevan
Sounds like a motor more then likely it is but to know for sure you need to the tests I gave you to do.