95

1995 Saturn SW1 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 111,420 miles

Installed new water pump. Engine runs fine, coolant level good. Temp guage peggs indicating hot engine. Lower hose seams cool to the touch. Where do we start?
Hughes

So both the upper and lower radiator hoses aren't getting too hot to touch?Is your heater putting out heat?

Hughes says>Upper and lower hose cool to the touch. No heat from
heater; water pump is new. (This is a reply from a previous answer.) Please reply asap.

Have a good day!
Saturntech9 says>Please post your your replies on this posted question make's it a lot easier to see that you replied if you keep starting a new question I don't a email like when you reply on this one. Sound's like you have no coolant moving why did you replace your water pump?Have you checked your thermostat yet?Also you don't have you oil in the coolant do you?

No oil in the coolant. Water pump had a bad seal that's why it was replaced. Is there anything else in the thermostat that would cause overheating? Please reply.
Thanks!

Hughes
Do you have a schmatic for the cooking system itself for my 95 Saturn, double overhead cam? I have purchased a new thermostat, everything else appears okay. Please reply asap. THANKS~ Doug

Hughes
What are you talking about cooking system?Do you need to know where the thermostat is?If that's what your then follow your lower hose to the engine block there you find the thermostat housing. It has two 10mm bolt's holding it on.

Know where the thermostat is and it has been replaced as well as the water pump. There is a diagram showing the cooling system cause everything works but no heat coming the heater. This was said in the prior message if you can refer to that also. Can you send a diagram/schmatic?

Hughes
You said you wanted a a schmatic for the cooking system I don't have a cooling system diagram. If the water pump is working and the thermostat is working too. Then you have blockage somewhere radiator heater core etc. Your going to have to look and see where the block is. Because if both upper and lower radiator hose's are cold and not getting hot there is no coolant coming out the engine so you look at the pump and thermostat and then blockage. Start by removing the thermostat housing and running water thru the coolant bottle and see if it's freely coming out of where the housing goes on. Then move on to other place's looking for blockage.