SATURN SL2 RPM PROBLEM

1995 Saturn SL2 • 154,000 miles

I've been having a persistent problem with my car lately. While I'm driving and sometimes accelerate, the car will hesitate and jerk, will drop to really low rpms and then will jerk into really high rpms. The car will jerk if you let off of the gas and will stay like that for about 2 minutes and will finally shift again into normal range. Any advice at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like a pressure problem common on those cars any codes in the computer?If you don't fix it you will destroy your transmission. You will need a pressure gauge to perform a pressure test.

The only code that I have gotten recently is a code 26. About a month ago though I did pull a code 26, 11, and 24.

ReachableStorm
You flashed the codes out?What were the codes that flashed out of the low coolant/Temp light?

Also any delay bang into reverse?

I got a code 23 if I remember correctly. Also sometimes there is a delay bang into reverse.

ReachableStorm
Trans has also been shifting really roughly lately as well.

ReachableStorm
Code 23 is incorrect 3rd gear ratio meaning 3rd gear is slipping etc. The delay bang with the 3rd gear means you most likly have low line pressure. Reverse uses full line pressure so when the pressure gets low the reverse would be effected. You need to get a transmission pressure gauge set to do some testing the one I have is under 60 and really nice. The part that usully fails is the pressure regulator in the valve body. The bore wears out and pressure drops also the regulator can stick so pressure stays high or low. If you drive it long enough you will burn the clutches up.