95 A/C

1995 Saturn SC2 • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 185,000 miles

How do you recharge the a/c on a 1995 sc2?
Jamcan1

You would get a recharge kit with the hose gauge and r134a cans and recharge it thru the low side charge port. If you have no idea about a/c and how to charge it I suggest you have it down somewhere it could be dangerous if you don't know what your doing. So why do you even think it needs to be recharged?

Only blowing out hot air. Has not been charged in last 4 years or so. I have the kit but am not sure which is the low side port. That is my only problem.

Jamcan1
The easiest way to tell which is which is follow the hoses from the compressor the high side one will go to the condensor thats over by the drivers head light. Then the low side will go to the firewall which is at the base of the windshield that is the one you use for charging. Also even if you have the correct amount of charge it could still blow hot because of incorrect pressure caused by restricted line bad expasion valve bad compressor etc. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanx for your help.

Jamcan1
Your welcome thats what were here for.

Charged a/c now getting cold air but belt squeals when I turn on a/c.

Jamcan1
Looks like you started another question and iam answering it on there so lets stick to your new question.