CIERA AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SLIPS

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 94,500 miles

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera mileage: 94,500. This car was purchased as a dealer demo. I have changed the trans fluid and filter at least  three times. The transmission fluid has a tendency to turn black quickly, but the transmission never acted up until recently. It suddenly started to lose power, so I had the transmission fluid and filter changed again. After that, the fluid once again went quickly to black, the transmission developed a hesitation while shifting, and it began to leak fluid. Now the transmission "slams" into gear somewhat when I shift into reverse or when I let off the gas pedal and then accelerate again. Any thoughts on what the problem could be or possible solutions?
2CarPros-Archives

Believe that the transmission may be failing in your car. Fluid that turns black quickly, would indicate excessive heat caused by the clutch packs slipping in the transmission.

2CarPros-Archives