WHY DOES ME CAR SHUT OFF

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora • 130,000 miles

Just had my transmission mount and starter replaced and now when I am driving down the road my car shuts off. It only happens when I am going slow, in traffic or pulling up to a stop light. Then the motor acts crazy and starts jolting and doing weird things. A sign that it will cut off is when the ac starts to get warm. I can restart the car and then it will run smooth. My transmission was checked and it is fine and my engine light is not on and there was nothing the mechanic could fine when he read the codes other then something about my cruse control which has never worked but he disconnected the engine.
Also what is your opinion on changing the transmission oil on an older car, the transmission is in perfectly good condition but I hear that my transmission might still get messed up.

Gabby

Have the idle air control valve, EGR valve and the torque converter clutch solenoid-checked and tested-