WHY IS IT NOT GETTING THE POWER LIKE IT SHOULD

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Yes its not getting the power like it should I had the transmission done a little while back but I also needed a used ecu so I got it out of another car so could the ecu be going out causeing it not to get power like it needs or could the transmission be goining out

Driftkiller101

Were the ignition timing checked? Have you checked for trouble codes?
Ensure throttle cable is adjusted correctly and throttle opens fully when gas pedal is fully depressed. Ensure the floor mat is not restricting gas pedal limit.

Ya dats all good and checked all I can think of now is maybe clogged fuel injectors

Driftkiller101
And where is the maf sensor located at on the engine

Driftkiller101
MAF should be on the air filter.
Did you check for trouble codes?
Was anything done prior to this occurring?

I believe your question is missing something. I remember seeing engine details but they seem to have gone missing.

Yes I had a shop clean the fuel injectors before 3 times and no I havent had a chance to get the codes scanned because the car really wont make it anywhere, and the maf is it on or behind the air filter or in the tube leading from the engine block to the filter itself

Driftkiller101
MAF is on air-filter housing.
I don't think it is the injectors that are causing the problem.
Did you check the ignition timing?

The ignition timing would cause the rpm not to stay up and not gain accel? And what about the throttle body sensor could that cause the same issue of bad accel, and now today its hard to crank it up

Driftkiller101
Ignition timing would affect performance, especially accelerating power but the MAF can cause this and difficult starting as well.

You need to get it scanned for trouble codes and avoid unnecessary guesswork.

Theres no way for me to get it to an autozone and a shop wants 75 just to do a scan

Driftkiller101
Have you checekd the fuel pressure? Seems like you might have a failing fuel pump.

Page 1 of 2