ENGINE

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I have a, 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gst but my engine broke down; And I want to put a Pontiac GRand Prix 3.1 liters V6 engine Turbo; from the 1989 in it does that even posible and if it is posible how can I do it?

Because the transmition from the Eclipse engine is on the right side, and the transmition from the Grand Prix pontiac engine is on the left side.
Nelflowhot007

Can of worms dont do it, find the same engine if you can.

Almost anything is possible but i really woldn't reccomend this. there is not much room in the engine compartment heightwiseand i'm sure you would end up cutting a hole in the hood. this would take alot of money to do this. I would think your best option would be to get an engine from ajunkyard/recycle yard that way you would only need change minimal parts besides the engine. you can go to http://www.junkyarddog.com and enter your info and you'll get several responses from all over for a price and mileage on an engine.

Yep just what I said can of worms, but if your rich anything can be done.