'95 AIRCONDITIONER

1995 Mazda Familia • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 138,000 miles

I have a '95 B6 Mazda Familia, 1600cc manual.
There is a factory installed airconsitioner (a/c) unit. The a/c is def getting power, as the button lights up when switched on, and you can hear the fan switch on when the car is on. The normal fan that can be used without the a/c does not seem to be working. You can her the unit switch to the different fan speeds by the passenger side were the unit is located. The fan does occasionally work when it wants to, so I thought it may be a loose wire, but after ripping my whole dash appart I can't seem to find a fault in the wiring! Do you have any idea what may be the probleme. Like I have said, the unit works fine when it wants to, the a/c def works, but the fan only works when it wants to. The system def has got power as I could here the unit switching between speeds and type of fent you select.

Any thoughts?

JGB

Give the fan motor housing some banging with your hands and if the fan starts working, the fan motor is failing due to worn brushes and has to be replaced to rectify.