THERMOSTAT

1995 Lincoln Continental • V8 FWD Automatic •

Hello, I live in Cd. Juarez, Chih, Mexico, I have a Lincoln 1995 and I want to change the thermostat but I can not find it, could you please let me know where is the thermostat?

The motor is a 4.6 front wheel drive
Aramis

It's inside the housing shown in the picture.

Wrenchtech
Dear Wrenchtech,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response, I appreciate it, I have another question, this is for the linconln continental? Because mi car do not have this kind of housing, or the thermostate is below of the motor? Attached is a picture of the lincoln continental motor. Please let me know. Thanks again and apologies for the inconvenience.

Aramis
That picture was for your exact car and engine. It's in there.

Wrenchtech
It's not in there it's on the front of the engine behind and slightly above the A/C compressor on the front of the engine where the bottom hose goes to the engine

Hardtime72
And that's exactly what the original picture is showing.

Wrenchtech
You are right hardtime72, thermostat is below of the motor, next to A/C. Thanks a lot for all your comments, now I have another question for this same Lincoln Continental 95, as you may know this car have a suspension system controlled by compressor, you know what kind of dampers I will need to replace the original suspension system in order to use oil or gas dampers? Most of the local mechanics told me that they need to review with different kind of dampers due is necessary verify the stretch/compression to put the correct damper model, could you please help me with this detail? I want to replace this system controlled by compressor because since I buy my car this system is out of service due a missed or damaged parts and I think that will be very cheap replace the dampers instead to fix the original suspension.

Aramis
You would need to start a new question for that problem.

Wrenchtech