AXLES

1995 Lexus ES • FWD Automatic •

Hi, I replaced front axle assembly and some gear fluid leaked? The job is complete, how and where do I fill gear oil, is that basic engine oil that I pour it in? Or transmission fluid? Looks like oil.
Getsmakked

Howmuch leaked? If it was just avery small amount you probably don'tneed any but check it anyhow. Picture enclosed. Plug noted by red arrow

About half a litre leaked I'm assuming. I would still like to add a bit though. But is it some special gear oil, or normal oil used for engine oil. Also, not really sure where this plug might be, I kind of understand the diagram, I know where the transmission dipstick is, is it near that.

Getsmakked
You'll have to reach the plug from under the car. It says in our manual that DEXTRONII is what you use. It takes 0.9 qtor.9L

Oh ok that helps. Last thing, Is that a dipstick next to that plug so I can check first if I need.

Getsmakked
It's a plug not a dipstick, you need to use your finger to check it. If you can feel the oil then you are ok.