HI HOW ARE ALL OF YOU DOING, I FOUND OUT THE EGR CODE IT WAS THE 401 CODE SO WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO

1995 Lexus ES 300 • 234 miles

I just left pep boys they said I needed the egr transducer and the egr solenoid.
Moneysam

So did they test anything or just say there bad because of the code?You may only need one or both or a different problem all together. In all my years of working for dealerships I have learned to not trust someone elses diagnoses even from fellow techs at the dealers I worked at. They burned me more then once on there diagnoses and when they wernt there and the customer came back for the repair I was left holding the bag.

Iposted the trouble tree for code P0401 also are sure the egr port isnt clogged?That code is for egr insufficent flow if the port is clogged it will also set that code.

Thanks alot I plan on goin to uti I just really wish I had my own scantool so many people try to trick ya

Moneysam
Your welcome thats what were here for scan tools are handy to have couldnt live without one in these days we live.

Well my engine light went out after I changed the egr vacuum solenoid, I also changed the egr vsv. Hopefully the light stays off. One thing about it my fuel hand is still drifting up and down from the actual level I think without the engine light on.

Moneysam
Glad to hear the light is off most likely is a bad fuel sending unit. You can test it with a multimeter.

Ok how could I do that. I really appreciate everything when I get some bread on my card im gne give a donation. I been tinkering with cars since I was 12 and all of this was a challenge but I learned alot from it.

Moneysam
How am I suppose to check the fuel sending unit

Moneysam
First thing you need to do is see if you can locate a pig tail that connects to the gas tank?Also does the gauge drift on a regular basis so it can be easly tested when its acting up?

Yea seem like when I hit a bump it go back to where it was at first but din it will slowly drift down

Moneysam
Page 1 of 5