1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 187,000 miles

My jeep started pouring water out of the radiator. I was told it was the freeze plug. I need to know what kind of tool this will take to remove and replace it. Thanks
February 23, 2011.

A freeze plug is a steel plug that is pressed into a round hole in the block. They rust out from the inside. They are changed by simply punching a hole in them and prying them out with a large screwdriver. The big issue is getting access to them. Some are easily accessible and some require going as far as removing the engine.

Feb 23, 2011.