95 CHEROKEE

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 6 cylinder Automatic •

Enter your question. Our 95 jeep grand cherokee started spitting and spuddering and idleing real rough and misfiring. We took it to a shop and they couldnt figure out the problem, and so we took it to the dealership and they tried to say its the timing chain. Which is fine, we changed the crankshaft sensor, tps, map sensor, fuel filter, and coil. It will run good for about 15-20 and then start doing this. And then it will clear up and run good. Its a never ending process. Ive been told it could be the tank since the filter was filthy but ive also been told some other things. What could it be?
Rednekgrl352

How did you conclude that the dealer diagnosis was wrong?

Wrenchtech
Because all they had to say is it has some play in it. It would make it run like that, it would run bad all the time. It runs fine for like 15-20 minutes and then does it and then it will start running fine again

Rednekgrl352
Yes, that doesn't sound like a timing chain. It sounds more like a bad computer but that can be hard to confirm.

Wrenchtech
Yea I know thats kinda why we are sketchy on listenin to what ppl say since we've done spent so much money on it. I just dont know what it is. Either, timing, computer, or gas tank, and we are gonna start with the gas tank first

Rednekgrl352
If you're just going to throw parts at it, that's going to get real expensive. You can easily eliminate fuel by using a fuel pressure gauge during the failure.

Wrenchtech